Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grandpa Willy

Biff's view-

You know son, Grandpa Willy was a different kind of man. He had a dream. It was a dream that might not have been the most practical for him. He had the wrong kind of aspirations. He was so hard working, and wanted to be successful but he just... Wasn't doing it in the right field. He was a man of a vision. He believed in me more than anyone else. He elevated me to such a status though, that I couldn't live up to it, and it tormented him. I hope I never do that to you, my son. I want to try as hard for you as much as he did for me. He lived for me and Hap. Poor mom didn't hardly get a bit of attention. He just needed to balance some things out, but those were different times. I want you to remember him as an idealist, a dreamer, and a hardworking man.

Biff

2 comments:

  1. "but he just... wasn't" nice touch to the description

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' tough. I wonder if a father would heap this sort of heavy discussion on a child. Or would a parent sugar-coat it? I guess maybe it depends on the age of the child.

    ReplyDelete