Thursday, April 25, 2013

Linda's Diary

Past-
I just love this time of year. The boys are so happy. It's football season and all Willy can talk about is Biff and how good he is going to be. He just adores him so much. Poor Happy is always trying to impress. Maybe Biff can teach him a few things. They are such good boys! And they make my Willy so happy. It is a joy to be sitting on the stoop watching them play and wrestle around.

Present-
The boys are at home, and things have gotten worse again. My Willy just can't keep his thoughts straight. He is so disappointed with what he couldn't provide for the boys. I wish Biff would stop taking things for granted and help his father out. And Happy is just floating along too. Those boys will be the death of Willy. And I just wish that Willy had more time to think about me. He is so concerned with the boys and work that sometimes I feel so alone. I don't know what to do anymore.

1 comment:

  1. The depiction of Linda leaves the reader without any sense of whether or not she feels neglected, though I think readers fill in that blank, as you have done here.

    ReplyDelete